Monday, March 11, 2013

Blue Fern Studios goes spring with Eila

Hello there! Eila here to share 3 pages with you. We are having promises of spring in my parts of the world, although we've still got many weeks to go before all the snow is gone. The light is different and even the air has got something special to it.

Here is the first page - "Adorable" and gosh isn't he just one cute bubba, the son of my youngest cousin!


The pretty title chippie Adorable is from the BFS set of words called GOOD VIBES (074899). I simply inked it in Archival Ink in Black to make it stand out and show the beautiful "handwriting".

Blue Fern Studios: Good Vibes 
(074899)

I have also used the top half of the BFS ROYAL BIRD FRAME (074592) which I flipped over.

I used mist and a couple of different inks on it.

Blue Fern Studios: Royal Bird Frame 
(074592)

I also used one of the BFS SPRING IRIS - SMALL (074912) on my page.

 Blue Fern Studios: Spring Iris - Small
 (074912)

Glimmer Glaze and Glimmer Glam were added on the flowers before black ink was applied to the edges. 

Other products used from my stash: Prima papers, Prima resin, Prima embellishment, Prima masks, Prima stamps, Melissa Frances resin, Webster's Pages lace/ribbons, Tattered Angels mists, Glaze and Glam, and Ranger inks.

My second page is called Love. 


The chipboard title is from the same BFS set of words called GOOD VIBES that I used for my previous page. 
I so adore the BFS butterflies in the BRIGITTE BUTTERFLY SET! (074387) such perfect sizes and perfect number of 3 in the package. Here I have used 3 equally small ones.

Blue Fern Studios: Brigitte Butterfly Set 
(074387)
I accentuated the misted shimmer by painting the butterflies in Glimmer Glaze. Now we're talking about shimmer, just like flashes of jewels when the sun hits butterfly wings! I then added some silver sequins to them.

Other products used from my stash: Prima papers, Prima note cards, Prima flowers, Prima stamps and mask, Zva pearl swirl, doilies, lace, gold acrylic paint, generic silver sequins, Tattered Angels mist, Glaze and Glam.

My third page is called Happiness and that's because I just love potting flowers and seeing things grow.


I have used the gorgeous PRINCESS WINDOW (074578) under the photos.

Blue Fern Studios: Princess Window 
(074578)

The weathered-flaking-paint effect was achieved by dabbing the chipboard in acrylic paint and distress ink before painting the chipboard in Glimmer Glaze in Saffron. 


I have also used a Spring Iris - Large (074875) to the right of the photos.

Blue Fern Studios: Spring Iris - Large 
(074875)  

The stems were painted heavily in a yummie green Glimmer Glaze and the flower heads were misted in heavily to get intense pooling. The dark pinkish is Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in Lipstick Pink.



The title Happiness is from the word set GOOD VIBES (074899) that I have used on both previous layouts. It was treated in the same way as the Princess Window.

Other products used from my stash: Prima papers, Prima flowers, Prima resins, Prima stamps and mask, Petaloo flowers, Webster's Pages lace/ribbon, MME twine, acrylic paint, inks and mists.

Thanks ever so much for your visit! please do come back for some more yummie inspiration from our DTs! See you!

Eila

5 comments:

  1. Saw the first 2 on your blog Eila and I love love love! Came to take a peek on the third LO and its equally gorgeous!! Love what you did with those irises! Amazing LO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! This is gorgeous!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. These techniques are superb Eila, I especially love those Iris'...very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creations, Eila!! Those iris' look so amazing and vibrant!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you create magic Eila!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete