Sunday, December 29, 2013

December projects with Kerryn Lawson

As another year draws to a close I would like to take this opportunity to share my final Blue Fern Studios projects with you.  It has been a fabulous 6 months.  Thankyou for allowing me to share my work with you.

Today I have a couple of cards and a layout to share.  First up is a general purpose card featuring the Tweet Friends chipboard.


After being primed with gesso a combination of green paints was applied to the branches and leaves.  By applying the gesso first the paint goes on beautifully and rich.  The birds were painted with a combination of blue paints with a touch of gold glitter applied to the wings as a finishing touch.


For my second card I focussed on creating a bold centrepiece using a Quatrefoil Garden Panel. 


Again the chipboard was primed with gesso and once dry gold paint was applied with a paintbrush.  Afterwards bronze paint was applied with my finger to give a rustic, random finish.  The sentiment, from the Optimist word set, was painted with black paint to provide a lovely contrast against the bolder colours of the Quatrefoil Garden Panel and the other embellishments.


For my final project I have a layout of my daughter with a background featuring the cut-out pieces from the Quatrefoil Panel.


I have a bag full of these fabulous little cut-out pieces and I refuse to part with them.  They are a great way to add texture and interest to a background as well as creating a great opportunity to play with inks, mists and paints.


The cut-out pieces were primed with gesso and adhered in position on the page.  They were first painted with a textured paint before being painted with Shimmerz paints to better match the colour palette I was looking for.  The Bits of Honey piece was painted with a combination of mists that complemented the papers I had chosen to use.


The same products were used repeatedly on the page.  The same combination of mists and paints were used on the chipboard and on the background to create an element of consistency to the page.  The same is true for the Garden Daisies - Small, with mists already used elsewhere on the page being used to paint it.


It has been an absolute pleasure to design for Blue Fern Studios. 

Thankyou,
Kerryn



2 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous work Kerryn..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. I love the techniques you used on the chipboard. The overall effect on the layout is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete