Monday, March 3, 2014

2 layouts and a BEFORE and AFTER from Lisa

 Hi there!! Lisa here with 3 projects to share with you.
This first layout I fussy cut a piece of the lattice in the Blue Fern Garden paper and used pop dots under it to give it depth. I also inked the edges slightly. The title word Heaven Sent is from the Spiritually Speaking set. I scanned a portion of the paper with the butterfly image so that I could make a file of the butterflies to match. I fussy cut them, finger painted them with Rock Candy Stickles and placed them randomly around the page.


I chose to use the  Bordeaux Layered Frame without the base as I wanted an airy and lacy look. I will save the base for another time. I used white acrylic paint for the base. i  then painted a piece of plastic bag using 2 colors and layed it on the chipboard paint side down while the paint was still wet, then peeled it off of the chipboard for a variegated look.


I used the same paint technique for the Veranda Bird Cages and "hung" them from the lattice.


 I wanted to create a fun layout for the photo of my daughter in law who dressed like Barbie last year. I fussy cut the photo. Lots of Barbie Pink.


Chunky Heart Panel



I decided to do something a little different for this post. I did a layout that I was completely satisfied with. I started to pull out Blue Fern Studios Chip board and thought I could just add to my already completed layout. And that is what I did. Just by adding a few pieces  using an additional color, it changed the whole layout. Now I love it even better. So if you think you love your layouts and projects now, try adding a few pieces of Blue Fern Studios chip board. You will be amazed at the difference!! 

                                         BEFORE                                         AFTER
to frame my photo. I used a metallic rub for the base and an acrylic glaze for the top detailed layer.


I used the same acrylic glaze for the   Lace Heart Border  which I cut down and only used 2 hearts from the strip.


And once again I used the same acrylic glaze for my  Love Always chipboard. I did not base coat the chip board this time, just 2 coats of the glaze left a beautiful richness to the color over the chipboard.


Thanks for the visit today. I hope you check out Blue Fern Studios Blog to see all of the beautiful inspiring creations by our design team. They constantly amaze me with the use of each and every piece.

7 comments:

  1. This is a super cool post, and gorgeous projects! Both ways!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creations Lisa!! just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautiful these pages are Lisa! Really cool, the way you showcase how BFS chippies can brighten up a page.

    ReplyDelete