Saturday, March 28, 2015

March projects from Bente.

Hello all you friends of Blue Fern Studios.!
We have already reached the end of March and it's my turn to share a few of my projects 
showcasing some BFS awesomeness :-)

I have used lots of chipboards to make three very different pages and also used 
three different paper collections.
Hope you like it!!

My first one is with a photo of my dear sister snuggling one of our small nephews.
I used one of my absolute favourite sheets from the Sanctuary collection.



Below is a close up of the painted 'Flutter page dangle' with some added glass beads for texture.


And here you see some leftover bits from thelarge  chicken wire panel as a  goldpainted accent.



Lots of stamping, painting and misting on the background here and a fun paper rolling technique.


(I used the Flutter Page Dangle, Arrow Words, Graduated Squares, Layering Stems, 
Sanctuary collection) 

My second page uses the recently released Love Story collection together with a varied selection of Blue Fern Studios chipboards.


  I painted my chipboards using a red colour. Once dry it turned out much darker than I had expected so I used some gesso to tone it down a few notches. Aftercreating a photo mat with some layers of different pp's I used one of the stamps around the edge of the top layer. Then lastly I glued down the painted frame on top.



I cut out the word 'Sweet' from one of the patterned papers.


(For this page I used: Floral Medley Frame, Fancy Birdcage, Love Story paper collection, and the Love Story Stamps Forever set) 




And finally a page using one of the stunningly beautiful papers from the Ombre Dreams collection.
Each and every one of those patterned papers inspire me immensly!



This paper has a blue and purple background that is very helpful if you want to do some mixed media work on top. The work is half done for you so to speak:-) I used some of the new stamps from the Love Story collection here as well. I used them around the edges and in the center. Stamps are
perfect for creating a beautiful setting for your photo.


I painted the chipboard pieces yellow here to match my DD's jacket. 
I used the top of a glue stick to stamp the round shapes and filled them in rather haphazardly with some more of the yellow acrylic paint.



Below you get a closer look at how I used the stamps.


 (For this page I used: Love Story Stamps set one, Love Story Stamps set two, Manor Hinges,  
Ombre Dreams paper collection, Arrow words set)

Thanks for looking !




6 comments:

  1. Oh Bente! What beautiful pages! Just gorgeous! Love all that chipboard and your tiny details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bente...your mixed media backgrounds are beyond gorgeous. I love all three your pages and I love how much love you poured into each one of them. I also love the way you "dressed" your chipboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey look! It's me!
    Love how three dimensional all of this feels, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bente, you are soooooo talented! I love your work, and miss you so much! Love from Cathrine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg can keep looking these pages for long

    ReplyDelete