Saturday, July 16, 2016

July Layouts by Maja

Hello everyone, welcome to the Blue Fern Studios blog :-)

I have three layouts to share today. The first one is made using the Tranquility collection and features a photo of my son on one of our sailing trips:


I love wood-patterned papers! And I used three wood desings for the background of the layout. To mat my photo, I also used the Crackle Bits chippes heat-embossed with 14 Karat ep:


Then I embossed the fascination, serenity and stillness words with the Breeze ep and used them for the title of my page.


Another chipboard piece I used is the beautiful Seaside Charms piece. I used two embossing powders to add colour to it: Copper for the "charms" and Oatimeal for the rest.


Then I completed my design with Tranquility flowers, real seashells, pearl beads, cheesecloth and glitter :-)

Fascination, Serenity, Stillness:
Papers: Tranquility: Contentment, Calm, Jubilation, Calling Cards
Chipboard: Crackle Bits, Serenity, Calm, Hushed; Peaceful, Stillness, Contentment; Serendipity Words 2; Seaside Charms
Flowers: Tranquil Blooms
EP: 14 Karat, Breeze, Oatmeal, Copper
Glitter: Pyrite


My next two layouts feature the beautiful Attic Charm collection, filled with soft pastel colours and vintage images. It's perfect for sweet gilry projects, like this page :-)


I layered two pink papers and arranged layered calling cards to mat my photo.


I added pieces of lace in between the layers for a more delicate, romantic look:


I used the beautiful Circle Flourish Large piece as a frame for my photo. I painted it with golden acrylic paint and added some flowers from various sets to match the chipboard ones:


For the title I used the Blooming Beauty piece: I used an embossing pen to trace along separate words and embossed the Beauty with 14 Karat and the Blooming with a mix of Fuchsia and Petal.


I added more flowers down the page and a birdcage from the Veranda set to make a cluster with the printed mannequin image:



Blooming Beauty:
Papers: Attic Charm: Calling Cards, Attire
Chipboard: Blooming Beauty, Circle Flourish Large, Veranda Cage Set
Flowers: Attic Charm Daisies, Attic Charm Glitter Roses
EP: 14 Karat, Fuchsia, Petal


But the Attic Charm collection is not only for girly projects :-) I selected the ecru and soft blue papers for this boy page:


I first layered the Curio and Haberdashery sheets and added some stamping in the background with motives from the Beads&Chamrs, Forever and Deja Vu stamp sets:


I used the middle clock from the Roman Clock Set Large, coloured it with mists, applied upon the Sachet paper, cut out and used it as the frame for my photo:


The title for the layout is the Loving You piece coloured with mists and glitter, added some clock hands from the clock set and completed my design with pieces from the Cogs and Gears set and  Tranquility and Courtship flowers:



Loving You:
Papers: Attic Charm: Curio, Haberdashery, Sachet
Chipboard: Loving You, Cogs and Gears, Roman Clock Set Large
Stamps: Beads&Charms, Forever, Deja Vu,
Flowers: Tranquil Roses and Lilies, Courtship Roses
EP: Ginger, 14 Karat, Ebony, Breeze

That is all for today, thank you for visiting and I hope you have been inspired :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment