Sunday, September 11, 2016

September Shares by Nicole Doiron


Hello everyone!

Nicole here today to share with you some Blue Fern Studios projects,
utilizing a variety of collections as well as chipboard, flowers and Imagine Ink mediums.

Let's start with this very romantic wedding page created on a background 
of Love Story "Cotillion" and Timeless "Couture" papers.


I chose to use the title Romantic Moment on which I created an ombre effect using Garnet and Magenta embossing powders as well as a little white paint.  The title was added on layers of fussy cut flowers, pieces of Floral Lattice Bits and more paper flowers from the BFS collections.


I created a rustic look on the Everlasting Dangles by combing a mixture of Garnet embossing powder, black crackle paint, white acrylic paint and some distress stains.  The beautiful key, covered in 14Karat, 
is from the Vintage Keys set.


Here's a closeup of all the beautiful BFS flowers I used.  What an elegant bouquet!


And this is the picture that inspired this whole page, of my friend Nathalie and her beau on their wedding day... surely a romantic moment to cherish forever!


Blue Fern Studios products
Patterned Papers: Love Story (Cotillion), Timeless (Couture),
Tranquility (Hushed), Sanctuary (Calling Cards)
Chipboard: Everlasting Dangles, Romantic Moment title, Vintage Keys, Floral Lattice Bits
Flowers: Seaside Lilies, Attic Charm Daisies, Tranquil Blooms, Attic Charm Glitter Roses
Imagine Ink: Embossing Powders (Garnet, 14Karat, Magenta)




My second project is as sweet and shabby chic as the first one was romantic and elegant.


I wanted to create a very girly page with bright colors over a pale classy background.
I created my background by ripping pieces of the Tranquility "Jubilation" paper and apposed them on top of the pink Courtship Lane "Town Gossip".  I cut out squares out of the wood grain pattern from the "Jubilation" papers and made a vertical collage combined with white corrugated cardboard and lots of flowers.

You can see here a Brigitte Butterfly that I cut in 2.  It was covered with Bonny Blue embossing powder 
with a dash of Blue Diamond glitter.


The other half of the butterfly is right here amidst flowers, including a very lovely pink Attic Charm daisy.  You can see here that I did some stamping throughout my page.


The focal point of my page is this gorgeous piece from the Jubilation Corners set.
It was covered in Bonny Blue, sprinkled with Blue Diamond glitter and dabbed with white paint.


On my last close-up shot, you can see the star of this layout, my pretty and adorable niece Ella, as well as the title chosen which I created by combining the word Adorable from the French Words set and a piece left over from another title I had cut out in the past. I treated it with a mix of Mushroom, Ginger and Nutmeg powders.  You can also see here a sneak of the Bits of Honey covered in Fuschia.


Blue Fern Studios products
Patterned Papers: Tranquility (Jubilation), Courtship Lane (Town Gossip)
Chipboard: Jubilation Corners, Brigitte Butterflies, Bits of Honey
Flowers: Attic Charm Daisies, Courtship Blooms
Stamps: Texture Circles
Imagine Ink: Embossing Powders (Bonny Blue, Fuschia, Mushroom, Ginger, Nutmeg), 
Glitter (Blue Diamond)




My 3rd layout was inspired by the Blue Fern Studios September mood board challenge.



As already described during the challenge reveal...
You may find it strange that despite the mood board giving off a very Summery feel, I was inspired to create a layout all about Autumn.  At the same time, I was incline to show how versatile this mood board is.

I looked through my stash of Blue Fern Studios papers and I found that some of the Autumn Anthology collection went perfectly with the colour palette. I was mainly inspired by the peachy hues which reminded me of Fall leaves and I had just the right picture for it!


I wanted to make my page extra romantic and elegant just as the mood board images, and I find that the Gazebo chipboard piece gives it a warm inviting atmosphere.  I covered it with a mixture of Chili Powder and Tangerine embossing powder after adding a thick layer of gesso and paste.


I made sure to add lots of flowers including a peach Attic Charm Daisy which if my favorite of the constantly growing collection of BFS flowers.


And to soften my whole page to coordinate with the softness of the board, I dabbed some white paint on my papers, flowers, chipboard and embellishments to give it a whitewash effect... inspired by the sea!


Blue Fern Studios products
Patterned papers: Autumn Anthology (Balcony, Robin, Calling Cards)
Chipboard: This Moment title, Gazebo, Ironwork Accents, Tranquility Foliage
Flowers: Attic Charm Daisies
Imagine Ink: Embossing Powders (Tangerine, Verdant, Clover, Chili Powder, Mushroom, Ebony)




And there you go... these are my September shares!

I hope I have inspired you to take out your Blue Fern Studios stash and start creating!

2 comments:

  1. The manager suggested doing a signature cocktail during cocktail hour, which turned to be a huge hit. There is a full bar close to the entrance area, so we were covered there too. Dessert at New York wedding venues was a presentation of cookies (all looked homemade) and my favorite was the white chocolate, macadamia nut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The level of service at I got with BloomThat Flower Delivery was above and beyond. Even when I left word in an email that I wanted to downsize my order there was no fuss no muss. I was so impressed. I would not hesitate to use this florist again.

    ReplyDelete