Friday, September 23, 2016

September inspiration by Pascale

Hello Sweeties,

Today I'm up on Blue Fern Studios blog with three new projects. The first one featured the Tranquility collection: it was perfect for this photo of Marilyn Monroe.


I started to cover the Hushed paper with a thin coat of clear gesso; Then I added a design with a stencil and two pastes: black heavy gesso and platinum crackle paste.


When dry, I added more texture with the Arcadia Texture stamp and the Magenta embossing powder.


I just painted the Chelsea Vines with black gesso.


I embossed the Corner Flourishes with Pearl embossing powder.


Then I glued all the embellishments (flowers, chipboard and lace) with a 3D gel. 


Blue Fern Studios products:

Papers - Tranquility (Hushed, Calling Cards) ;
Chipboards - Chelsea Vines, Corner Flourishes ;
Stamp - Arcadia Texture ;
Imagine Ink - Embossing Powders (Pearl, Magenta) ;
Flowers - Courtship Roses, Tranquil Lillies and Roses, Seaside Lillies.

------------------------------------

The second layout feature the Timeless collection which is perfect for this photo I've taken in the park of the castle of Chaumont-sur-Loire (Loire Valley, France). It's a sculpture from Giuseppe Penone: “Trattenere 8 anni di crescita (Continuerà a crescere tranne che in quel punto), 2004-2012”.)


As usual, I primed the Abode paper I chose as background with clear gesso. Then I added a design with a stencil and platinum crackle paste. I sprinkled Foll's Gold and Pyrite glitters while the paste was still wet.


I splattered watered gesso and let dry. Then I continued some splattering with gold and rust mica powders mixed with water and gel medium as well as gold paint.


In the meantime, I painted the Roman Clock with a gold acrylic paint. When dry, I added a coat of clear crackle paste and let dry naturally. I added some rust mica powder to darken the crackle as well as some pale silver mica powder to lighten the clock face.


First I embossed the Stillness title with the mushroom embossing powder. While the powder was still hot I sprinkled some pearl embossing powder as well.


I primed the Arching Leaves with white gesso, then I painted it with a rust mica powder. Then I added a coated of clear crackle paste.


When all the embellishments were glued, I added some micro beads.

Blue Fern Studios products:

Papers: Timeless (Abode, Main Street)
Chipboards - Roman Clock Set - Small ; Arching Leaves ; Peaceful, Stillness, Contentment
Imagine Ink - Embossing Powders (Musrooms, Pearl) ;
Imagine Ink - Glitters (Foll's Gold, Pyrite).

------------------------------------

I chose to work with the Tranquility collection again for my third layout.


I primed the background with clear gesso. Then I added a design with a stencil and clear crackle paste: I covered randomly the stencil with two chalk inks before applying the crackle paste through it.


While the crackle paste was still wet I sprinkled some Pyrite and Blue Ice glitters.


I sprayed all the chipboards with two inks: a brown and a teal and dried them. Then I added the same chalk inks I used previously with the stencil, sprayed some water.


I kept the Floral Garden Bits like this and I covered the Layering Stems with Glossy Accent.


I die-cut some leaves in the Jubilation paper and I colored the flowers lightly with a beige watercolor.


Blue Fern Studios products:

Papers - Tranquility (Blissful, Jubilation) ;
Chipboards - Floral Lattice Bits, Layering Stems ;
Imagine Inks - Glitters (Pyrite, Blue Ice).

8 comments:

  1. I love the designs and photos in all three. The Marilyn Monroe layout is stunning! Your work is always so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always so inspirational. Stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pages with amazing details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello: Wow, discovered your blog tonight! Very beautiful work! Had difficulty getting supplies you used. But am I glad to find you? Yes!!! I'm doing a book for my son of pictures of him over the years interspersed with our ancestors. When I saw Marilyn Monroe - I thought that is the kind of page I would do including my sister - she loves Ms. Monroe! I hope you don't mind me using your work as inspiration? Thanks, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and now I noticed I'm in 2016! Sorry - I'll go Back to the Future!

    ReplyDelete