Friday, September 16, 2016

September Inspiration From Maja

Hello, Blue Fern Studios fans, welcome to the blog today :)

It's my turn to share some inspiration - all of my projects for today are made using the latest (and oh so gorgeous!) Seaside Cottage collection.

Let's begin with this blue and sand layout I made using the paper I just fell in love with as the background ;)


I just love the ombre look of this Embark paper! It's just perfect for summer seaside photos :) I stamped the fishing net pattern directly on the paper:


Then I layered several pieces of various papers to mat my photo. Then I mounted the Seashell Frame over the photo. I heat-embossed the chippie with Ginger ep and then smudged some white gesso here and there for a more shabby look. Then I added some BFS flowers - I removed the navy parts of the roses and replaced them with a shell or a button:


...and used the navy buds elsewhere on the page :)


I also added two more Seaside Cottage chippies: for the title piece I used the Perfect Day chipboard that I embossed with In The Navy and Breeze eps and then splashed it with white mist and added a touch of golden glitter. Then I completed the title-flowers cluster with the Seaside Flourish piece embossed with Oatmeal and Mushroom, and added some real seashells and starfishes:


The End of A Perfect Day:
Papers: Embark, Whitewash, Calling Cards, Glory
Chipboard: Perfect Day, Seashell Frame, Seaside Flourish
Flowers: Seaside Lilies, Seaside Roses, Attic Charm Glitter Roses
EP: Ginger, Oatmeal, In The Navy, Breeze, Mushroom
Stamps: Essential Textures

The Seaside Cottage papers are perfect for cardmaking too. Here's a universal card  - and it doesn't even contain marine elements ;)


I layered several papers and added a piece of the Marrakesh Panel chipbboard that I coloured with white mist:


I surrounded the stamped sentiment with gorgeous shabby Seaside Lilies and Roses and added another stamped image decorated with a resin flower, for some visual symmetry:



Then I made another card, this time going for the marine style and mermaid shaker box element:


I die-cut a porthole in metallic cardstock and placed the mermaid image from the Calling Cards sheet inside:


I added some lilies and a glitter rose together with real seashells and starfish:



Cards:
Papers: Calling Cards, Mermaid, Whitewash, Glory
Chipboard: Marrakesh Panel
Stamps: Deja Vu
Flowers: Seaside Lilies, Seaside Roses, Attic Charm Glitter Roses



And last but not least - the layout you may have spotted earlier, as it is my take on the September Moodboard challenge (have you joined us yet?):


I cut the inside circle out of the Mermaid paper, matted the sheet with Whitewash paper to make kind of the porthole window in which I put the photo. I matted the photo with pieces of papers and journaling cards, added flowers and real seashells and starfishes and some metal charms too:


I decorated the window with the Seaside Lantern piece which I added some colours to with Ginger, Breeze and 14 Karat powders:



I embossed the title Summer Vacation piece with Oatmeal ep:


Summer Vacation:
Papers: Calling Cards, Mermaid, Whitewash, Glory
Chipboard: Summer Vacation, Seaside Lanterns
Flowers: Seaside Lilies, Attic Charm Daisies, Tranquil Roses & Lilies
EP: Oatmeal, 14 Karat, Breeze


That is all from me today, do visit the BFS blog for more inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment