Saturday, September 3, 2016

September Inspirations with Jelissa

Hello friends, how are you?

September is now upon us, and the weather here is becoming a little cooler with more rain. But I'm still very much in a summer mood because of the Seaside Cottages collection. Today I'm here to share two more creations with you. 



This has to be one of the simplest layout I have made in a long time with just splashes of paint in the background because the paper is too pretty to cover up. The photo is one of my boys on the day we landed in Okinawa after a really long flight. We had made our way to a sea salt factory and the view out is just amazing, with the sun starting to set.

Some details:



The Seaside Charms chipboard, which I had painted with gold acrylic paint and covered with a layer of crackle paint. 



My title piece which I had embossed with Breeze and Sky Blue embossing powders.



The top half of the Seaside Charms chipboard which I had snipped off.

Blue Fern Studios products used:

paper: Seaside Cottages - Calling Cards, Regalia, Gala, Embark
chipboard: End of a Perfect Day, Seaside Charms
embossing powders: Breeze, Blue Sky



My second share is another layout of my second boy when he was a baby. I love how the colors of the photo matched the background paper Embark so perfectly that I built the whole layout around this.

Details here:



Altered seashell and anchors matched with the seaside lilies.



My title piece



Fussy cut details



Mesh bits chipboard tucked behind my photo



More chipboard goodies!

And here is the start to finish video of how I put this layout together:



Blue Fern Studios products used:

paper: Seaside Cottage - Calling Cards, Embark, Mermaid
chipboard: Anchors Away, Nautical Set, Mesh Bits, Beach Babe
embossing powders: Breeze, Sky Blue Oatmeal, Mushroom
glitter: Watermelon

No comments:

Post a Comment